Wednesday 10 October 2018

Review: The Reception

The Reception The Reception by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

J.R. Ward is one of those author’s I’ve been meaning to read for an extremely long time. In fact, since stumbling upon the first Black Dagger Brotherhood book I’ve been extremely curious. However, despite my interest, I’ve always found myself reading something else instead. With Consumed, the first book in the Firefighters series, coming with a free prequel story, The Wedding From Hell, I decided to take the dive and try out my luck.

After finishing part one, The Rehearsal Dinner, I was more than willing to dive into part two. In truth, I did not enjoy The Reception quite as much as I enjoyed The Rehearsal Dinner, but it was more than enough to ensure I picked up Consumed. With this second part, things are more on the sexual side with plenty of drama thrown it. It’s a great build up to Consumed, but it didn’t quite wow me as much as The Rehearsal Dinner.

In truth, like the first part, this is more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the rounded down three-star rating it received. Again, this is because I feel as though this prequel could have been a single short rather than being divided into separate parts – plus, I enjoyed part one more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment