Tuesday 23 October 2018

Review: Healer's Need

Healer's Need Healer's Need by Rhenna Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Healer’s Need is the second book in Rhenna Morgan’s Ancient Ink series, and it was a wonderful second book. After enjoying book one, Guardian’s Bond, so much, I was eager for this one; after loving book two, I can honestly say it’s another paranormal romance series with a lot of promise, one I’m going to be addicted to.

From the very start, I was sucked deep into this story. I was eager to read about the characters in this book after enjoying them so much in book one, and I was plenty willing to devour their story in a single sitting. Being thrown back into the Ancient Ink world was an absolute delight, and I loved every moment of it. Although this one can be enjoyed as a standalone romance story, you’ll understand the paranormal elements better if you have read book one.

If I’m being completely honest, I feel as though the paranormal elements took a bit of a backseat in Healer’s Ink. My favourite aspect of Guardian’s Bond was the wonderful new world we were introduced to, and I was eager to dig deeper into the world. With countless layers introduced in book one, with so many unique elements winning me over, I was eager for more. These elements were still around in Healer’s Need, but it wasn’t quite to the same depth. I’d been hoping for a wee bit more, and that was the only thing that disappointed me with this one. Yes, we were provided with more of the wonderful world – but, at the same time, it wasn’t to the level I’d anticipated.

With Healer’s Need, our focus is much more on the romance. As I loved the romance between the characters in this one more than I enjoyed the romance between the characters in the first book, I did not mind at all. In fact, it was a wonderful romance between the two. There was plenty to enjoy throughout the story, with their romance having a lot more depth to it than you often find in stories where there are mate elements. It was complex and layered, and I adored it. With how much I enjoyed the characters in the first book, with how eager I was to find out more, there was room for disappointed – yet, I was not disappointed.

With the way things played out in this one, with the way the storyline came together, I’m certainly even more invested in the Ancient Ink world. There were some aspects of the story that were brought to a close, yet I still have plenty of questions for the future – about characters, events, and the world – and I cannot wait to get my hands on more of the world.

If you’ve yet to dive into the Ancient Ink world, you need to do so.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment