Saturday 20 October 2018

Review: Radiant Violets

Radiant Violets Radiant Violets by Angel Nyx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Radiant Violets is the fourth book in Angel Nyx’s NOLA Shifters series, although it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. The NOLA Shifters series is one of those series where each book works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, although you understand side characters better if you have witnessed their stories play out in the prior books. In fact, I’ve only read book three – Midnight Orchids – and at no point have I been at a disadvantage.

Although I did enjoy Radiant Violets, I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed Midnight Orchids. Whilst Midnight Orchids was a solid four-star rating, Radiant Violets was a rounded up four-star rating. It was quick and enjoyable, hooking me in so I completed the book in a single sitting, yet it didn’t quite pack the same punch as the prior book – hence why it was a rounded-up rating and not a solid four-star rating.

I think the reason I wasn’t as crazy about this one was because there was less action. There was plenty of drama, yet it wasn’t the kind that resulted in pumping adrenaline. It was enjoyable, it had me hooked, it was unique, and it keeps you turning the pages; however, it felt rather simple when compared with the prior book. Both Midnight Orchids and Radiant Violets deal with heavy topics, and I feel as though there was more depth with the prior book than the latter.

It was well done, I’m not claiming otherwise, I’d simply anticipated a wee bit more. Nevertheless, I did enjoy this one and will certainly continue to read the NOLA Shifters series. In fact, I really do need to go back and read the prior books so I can fill in some blanks about side characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment