Tuesday 28 May 2019

Review: The Battle For Metagore

The Battle For Metagore The Battle For Metagore by D.L. Stewart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Battle for Metagore is the first book in D.L. Stewart’s Lands of the Abyss series, and it’s a book that has me curious for more. There is so much to learn about this world, many things I wish to see come together, and I’m excited to see how everything will play out throughout the series.

The Battle for Metagore introduces us to an interesting world, one filled with creatures that will appeal to all fantasy fans. It’s more than just your standard cast of creatures, as this one covers a much larger scope and actually deals with such creatures rather than simply referencing them. This makes for a large cast of characters, which is a bit daunting at first, but as the story progresses these things come together well and it’s great to watch how everything links together.

Once things are coming together, the book is extremely difficult to put down. You’re curious about so many different elements, and happy to turn the pages to get your answers. There are plenty of characters and storylines, and you’ll find yourself with favourites you’re wanting to come back to.

Although I enjoyed this one, it wasn’t quite what I had expected. The title had me expecting a lot more violence and action than I was given. There was certainly a big battle throughout, but the story focused more on the society and the political aspects. There is nothing wrong with this, it was certainly interesting, but I had been expecting a wee bit more in terms of battle scenes. Of course, this is a personal preference of mine as I’m a big fan of long action scenes.

Overall, The Battle for Metagore was a great first book in the series that leaves us with the promise of much more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment