Monday 27 May 2019

Review: Unspoken

Unspoken Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sarah Rees Brennan’s Lynburn Legacy sounded like the kind of series I would adore, and I jumped into Unspoken with high hopes. I was eager for a new series addiction, one I would devour, only I was disappointed by this one.

Unspoken is a great idea, but it didn’t work for me. It felt like it was trying too hard to be cool, and in the process of finding these ways of being cool it overlooked the fact it was supposed to have a plot and story that moved at a reasonable pace. Whilst trying to be cool, we had a story that gave us snippets and a plot that was non-existent for too long and then dealt with all at once.

I spent the whole book looking for the thing that would make me love it, and although I finished the book I finished disappointed. There was nothing shocking about it, nothing overly new, and the ending felt like a way to get people to read book two.

I didn’t care for the characters and I don’t much care how the story plays out, so I won’t be reading book two. Although there are plenty of people this book will appeal to, I wasn’t one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment