Thursday 2 May 2019

Review: Frightfully Ever After

Frightfully Ever After Frightfully Ever After by Nick DeWolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After enjoying Nick DeWolf’s Pulling Strings, I was desperate for more of the author’s wonderful storytelling. Thus, I eagerly jumped into Villains Never Die. Villains Never Die blew my mind, and I knew I needed to read the other Nick DeWolf book available. Therefore, I entered Frightfully Ever After with high hopes.

Sometimes, when you enter a book with high hopes you’re disappointed. Frightfully Ever After was not one of those incidences.

I confess, Frightfully Ever After is not my favourite Nick DeWolf book. Villains Never Die my favourite Nick DeWolf book. Nevertheless, Frightfully Ever After is a wonderful read. It’s no surprise Nick DeWolf is an author I will read no matter what. He has a way with words, a way with storytelling, and each book is a delight. Add in the fact Frightfully Ever After was his debut, and my love for Frightfully Ever After increases.

With Frightfully Ever After, Nick DeWolf combines numerous things in a mind-blowing manner. We have a new take on several fairy-tale elements. We have a dark world. We have a unique urban fantasy feel. We have fabulous bad guys. We have twists and turns. We have characters you’ll love. We have characters you’ll hate. We have countless layers.

In other words, Frightfully Ever After gives us so much.

At the start, I thought I knew where this story was going. I expected an interesting take on fairy-tales, I expected something slightly disturbing, only to be mistaken. The book got better and better, more and more was added, and each chapter provided us with something more. It’s a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat in the best possible way, ensuring you’ll be turning the pages at a rapid pace.

Without a doubt, Frightfully Ever After is another wonderful example of Nick DeWolf’s imagination. I cannot wait to get my hands on more of his work – he’s an author I’ll follow anywhere.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment