Friday 3 May 2019

Review: Slayer

Slayer Slayer by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Buffy was a big part of my life growing up, an addiction I was happy to feed. Therefore, it should come as no surprise to find out I had a fangirl moment when I heard about Slayer. I was all for a story set in the world I loved so much, and was eager to dive right in. Add in the fact I’ve been meaning to try Kiersten White for a while, and I was doubly happy to jump in.

In truth, my feelings towards Slayer are rather mixed. It wasn’t what I was expecting, but it was an easy quick read. It was addictive, I was happy to keep turning the pages, but I was never in love with it. My big problem was that the book felt rather juvenile. I know it’s a young adult book, but this was more on the young-young end than I’d expected, especially when considering the ages of the characters.

I liked some aspects more than others, some aspects really bugged me, but it made for an entertaining way to pass a wee bit of time. I may give the second book a read, but I’m not entirely sure. It depends on if I’ve managed to get over the errors that were made with British/Irish culture/speech/and so on by the time book two comes out.

Although not what I expected, an easy read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment