Friday 3 May 2019

Review: The Crooked Staircase

The Crooked Staircase The Crooked Staircase by Dean Koontz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Crooked Staircase is the third book in Dean Koontz’s Jane Hawk series, and it gets things back on track after my disappointment with book two.

With The Silent Corner, the first book in the series, I was curious about all that was to come. It was not my favourite Dean Koontz book, but it had me eager for more. With The Whispering Room, the second book in the series, I found myself unable to get into the story. In fact, it was my lowest rating for a Dean Koontz book and I questioned whether I would read book three. As I’d already borrowed it from the library, I decided to give The Crooked Staircase a try. Although it is not my favourite Dean Koontz novel, it was a big improvement on The Whispering Room.

With The Crooked Staircase, a lot happens to the overall storyline. There were plenty of things throughout to keep you turning the pages, and I found myself working through this one at a rapid pace. By the time we reached the end, I was desperate for book four. A lot happens towards the end that leaves you desperate for book four, with questions needing answers and events needing to come together. It’s quite the cliff-hanger, so I suggest you have book four ready to dive into.

Overall, The Crooked Staircase was another fun Dean Koontz read. It’s certainly worth it if you’re enjoying Jane Hawk.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment