Friday 24 May 2019

Review: The Beginning of Always

The Beginning of Always The Beginning of Always by Karen Janowsky
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Beginning of Always is the final book in Karen Janowsky’s The Persistence of Memory series, and it was an enjoyable ending to the series. Although it was enjoyable, I’m going to be honest and say I wanted more from this one. However, this is a reflection of my expectations and feelings towards the series, and I’m sure there are many people who will be satisfied with the ending.

From the start of the series, the thing that grabbed me the most about The Persistence of Memory was the superhero and mythology element of the series. I love such stories, and it was always these aspects that grabbed me the most. Although I enjoy a good romance, the romance in this one never really grabbed me. I was never as invested in the relationship between the leads as I had expected to be, meaning the parts of the series focused upon the romance did not grab me as much as the action.

With The Beginning of Always, the story focuses mostly upon the romance. There is a bit of action, but for me it wasn’t enough. I liked seeing the way things came together, I really enjoyed some of the details that came to light, but it felt like it happened much to quickly. It made up a very small amount of the stories, and I wanted more from it. The rest was focused upon the romance, and things felt too clinical for me to be truly invested.

Overall, The Beginning of Always was an enjoyable end to the series, even though it wasn’t quite what I had expected. Those invested in the romance in this series are sure to have a lot of fun with all the things that play out in this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment