Friday 17 May 2019

Review: Strange Ink

Strange Ink Strange Ink by Gary Kemble
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’m always looking for new horror books to dive into, and Gary Kemble’s Strange Ink grabbed me the moment I stumbled upon it in the library. A horror story surrounding mysterious tattoos sounded like the kind of thing I would adore.

In truth, I had rather mixed feelings towards this one. It wasn’t the horror I thought it would be, but it was an addictive read. I was constantly curious to see how things came together and was happy to keep turning the pages to witness how the events would play out.

If I’m being completely honest, there was a while when this one was a three-star rating. There were many strands coming together, and, even though it was not the horror I expected, I was enjoying watching the strands become untangled.

However, things came together too easily in the end for me to be completely happy. Add in the fact some elements were introduced and then done away with, and it felt as though certain aspects of the story occurred simply to tick off a checklist.

Overall, this made for an okay read, but it wasn’t what I’d imagined it would be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment