Wednesday 8 May 2019

Review: Only Ever Her

Only Ever Her Only Ever Her by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good mystery, I’m always willing to dive into a new thriller, and upon seeing Only Ever Her I was ready for another thrilling mystery that would have me hooked throughout. With Marybeth Mayhew Whalen being a name I recognised, one I’d been meaning to read for a while, I was getting myself a new mystery and finally able to put a tick next to the name.

Although I had fun with this one, it wasn’t quite what I had been expecting. As I’ve mentioned, I was ready for a thrilling mystery. Although there was a bit of mystery to this story, it felt more like a drama with a mystery underneath. It was more about the drama of the town, the secrets and the hidden details, than the big mystery I had been expecting.

Even though this one wasn’t quite the kind of story I had anticipated, I found myself devouring it in no time at all. It was a story I had to complete in a single sitting, once I had the details I needed to see how they all came together. I wanted answers, I was curious to see how things played out, and even when I worked things out I had fun watching the events and the effects.

It’s a nice and easy read, one that is great for a quick read, and I’ll certainly give more of the author’s work a read in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment