Wednesday 29 May 2019

Review: Broken Silence

Broken Silence Broken Silence by Felice Stevens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Felice Stevens fan, will happily jump into each new release the author puts out into the world, meaning I devoured Broken Silence.

In truth, I was a wee bit tentative about this one at first. The first couple of chapters were interesting, yes, but it did not grip me in the way I had expected. However, this did not last long. It did not take much before I was completely sucked into the story. I was addicted, I powered through it, and there were plenty of points where I thought this one would be my favourite Felice Stevens read.

Although it’s a close second, Broken Silence does come second place to The Shape of You. Nevertheless, it’s a strong four-star rating and I was hooked. I’d certainly recommend it to fans of the author, fans of the genre, or anyone interested in either. It’s a great story with much more to it than you’d expect, and you’ll be hooked throughout.

It’s a story with plenty of well-loved tropes, with a unique Felice Stevens approach. It’s takes a story that deals with plenty of topics and makes it into a sweet story. You’ll fall in love with the characters and their story, you’ll fall in love with their love, and there is so much to enjoy with this one.

My biggest wish for this one is that we get spin-off stories for some of the characters. There were a few characters whose stories were introduced to us, but were never brought to a close, and I’d love to see them play out in their own books.

Overall, this was another winner from Felice Stevens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment