Wednesday 25 October 2017

Review: Delta Redemption

Delta Redemption Delta Redemption by Elle Boon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although Delta Redemption is the sixth book in the Seal Team Phantom series, it was my first Elle Boon book. I realise reading this book first lessened some of the impact of the story, but I still adored this read. It was a wonderful introduction to the author’s work and I’ll certainly be going back to read the prior books. I need to fill in some of my blanks and I really want to get to know the other characters better.

When I first started reading this I was a little bit concerned that I would not be able to understand it, as references were being made to big events from prior books. Big events that had influenced our hero’s life. Fortunately, as the story progressed these details were slowly filled in for me. I was a little bit behind those who have read the prior books, but enough detail was given to ensure I was able to read this without needing to go and pick up the other books first. Even though it clearly does work as a standalone novel, I really would suggest going to read the prior books for the best impact.

Despite the small tentatively when I initially started this book, I quickly found myself lost in the story. Once I was a couple of chapters in, I was a goner. I was sucked into the story and I could not put the book down until I was finished, leaving me up until the early hours of the morning as I needed to see how everything came together.

There was so much to this one that pulled me under. The characters were amazing, both individually and as a couple. I loved both our hero and our heroine, adoring their relationship and the way details developed throughout. The interaction between them was wonderful, and I quickly came to enjoy the side characters as well. Hence my need to know more about them – it is clear there are wonderful stories to be found, and I need more than just the snippets of detail I received from the exchanges. In addition to the characters being wonderful, the story was gripping. There was intrigue throughout, and even though I worked out who was the bad guy from quite early on, there were enough twists thrown in to keep me on my toes.

Overall, this was a brilliant read. I quickly grew to love the characters and story in this one, and I know for a fact this will not be my only Elle Boon read. In fact, I’m sure it’s just the first of what will be many.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment