Monday 16 October 2017

Review: Prescription For Love

Prescription For Love Prescription For Love by Zee Monodee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Earlier this year I read Zee Monodee’s Edge of Danger, and found it to be a wonderful read. I wanted more of the author’s work. Initially, I’d planned to dive into the rest of the Corpus Agency series; however, when the chance came to read Prescription for Love I was happy to dive in.

Prescription for Love is the first book in the Destiny’s Child series. These are standalone stories where a child brings together two characters. I’m always tentative about such reads – aware such books will fall on one extreme end of the spectrum, whereby I will adore the child or I will feel as though they’re nothing more than a forced element of the story – but I found Prescription for Love to be an enjoyable read.

I’ll be completely honesty by saying I wasn’t completely won over at first. I’m not quite sure what it was, but I wasn’t pulled into the story for a couple of chapters. I was interested in a number of elements, but I wasn’t pulled under the spell. I cannot pinpoint when this changed, but it wasn’t long before I found myself lost in the story. It won me over and I found it to be a story I could not put down – I was pulled into the lives of the characters, I was pulled into the romance, and so many events had me wanting more.

Without a doubt, it’s a wonderful romance that will quickly win you over. Going back to my statement about the use of children in books, I enjoyed the way this one dealt with an older child than I’m accustomed to in such stories. Often the children are really young, but this time the child character is on the edge of those dreaded teenage years – it added a different kind of drama, and I really liked this.

In addition to the drama added through the child character, there is plenty of other drama thrown in. It’s a somewhat quick read, but there is plenty thrown in throughout. Numerous elements that throw a wrench into the works, things that will leave you questioning whether or not the happily ever after will work out – and if it does, you cannot wait to see how they reach the point of such happiness.

Without a doubt, this was another great Zee Monodee read. Edge of Danger left me with the desire to read more, and Prescription for Love has left me certain I will be reading yet more of the author’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment