Monday 16 October 2017

Review: Taming A Duke's Reckless Heart

Taming A Duke's Reckless Heart Taming A Duke's Reckless Heart by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My introduction to the Taming the Heart series came from book two, and I quickly worked my way through the rest of the series whenever the chance came about. Despite moving forward with the storyline, I never did work my way back to book one. I kept telling myself to, yet my long to-read list meant it remained a long way off. Fortunately, I have amended my error – I’ve now gone back and read book one and confirm it was a solid read.

Each book in the Taming the Heart series tells the story of a different couple, yet they are all linked through the characters. Links exist in the form of friendships, allowing us to follow the characters. In Taming a Duke’s Wild Rose, I was introduced to Piper and Barrett and quickly found myself interested in finding out more. Throughout the rest of the series – Taming a Laird’s Wild Lady, Taming a Rake into a Lord, Taming a Savage Gentleman, and Taming a Rogue Earl – I got to see more and more of them, getting to watch their relationship develop. Still, I had not read the story of how they came together.

You can imagine I entered this story with some pretty big expectations due to this. I’d read the next five books, constantly being shown snippets of their life. I had some pretty high standards for this story, and a part of me feared it wouldn’t live up. It’s not that I doubted Tammy Andresen – having enjoyed the five other books, I knew I would enjoy this one – it’s simply that I had created so many possibilities in my mind.

Fortunately, this one more than delivered.

Taming a Duke’s Reckless Heart was exactly what I hoped for from Piper and Barrett’s story. For anyone who has yet to read the series, this is a wonderful introduction of what to expect; as someone who has already read the rest of the series this was a wonderful dive into the past. It had all I had hoped for – the romance, the drama, and the great characters.

Whilst it is not my favourite book in the series, it’s certainly in my top three. Being slightly longer than some of the later books happen to be, this one digs deep into the drama surrounding Piper and Barrett’s love story. There is plenty to keep us entertained throughout, though, leaving you more than willing to finish this one in a single sitting. From the very start, their story pulls us in, leaving us wanting more, and unwilling to turn away until we know how everything plays out.

A wonderful read, more than worth it for anyone who enjoys historical romance. It’s a series I’d recommend for any such fans, with this book being a wonderful gateway drug into the stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment