Friday 27 April 2018

Review: Corinne

Corinne Corinne by Charlotte Penn Clark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Carmichaels series starts with Corinne, and this book certainly leaves you interested in finding out more about the family and the events that are to transpire in the future books. Although Corinne was enjoyable enough, I wasn’t as crazy about it as I had hoped to be, but it has left me interested in finding out what happens in Daisy, Valerie, Marie, and Samantha.

Although Corrine is put forward as a romance novel, I feel as though it is more of a family drama than a romance novel. Sure, there is romance throughout, but the family drama aspect hit harder than the romance. For me, the romance was lacking the depth I like – considering the events that transpired, I feel as though there should have been more depth, with the romance packing a harder punch.

When it comes to the story as a family drama, however, there was plenty about this one that will leave you interested in finding out more. The storyline is gripping, with a solid punch coming later in the book, leaving you curious about what will happen to the characters in the future books.

I very much feel as though this book is setting the scene for the future books in the series, with this one being an introduction for what is to come. It’s worth sticking with, if only to see where things go from here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment