Tuesday 3 April 2018

Review: Trigger

Trigger Trigger by J.L. Drake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big lover of motorcycle club romances, more than willing to pick them up. Despite my love for the genre, I often go in feeling tentative. Such was the case with Trigger – I was intrigued yet tentative, unsure as to whether or not I would receive big things.

It turns out all worries regarding this one were completely unfounded. I adored Trigger, and will gladly label it one of the best motorcycle club reads I have ever read. It blew my mind, and I was more than willing to jump straight into the second book.

I will be honest, this one did start a bit slow for me. It took a few chapters before this one managed to grab my attention, a few chapters where I was unsure how I felt. When things started to come together, however, my feelings quickly morphed into something more – obsession, I became obsessed.

I was turning page after page, in desperate need of more. This book has all the blood, gore, and grit you come to expect from motorcycle clubs; yet, at the heart, there’s the deep connection of the brotherhood with the family vibes it creates. Add in all the mystery surrounding the characters – both past and present mysteries – and you’re sucked in deep. There are so many question marks lingering, so many things you want to find out more about.

Only for the ending to leave you hanging. There’s quite the twist thrown in at the end of this one, followed by a serious cliff-hanger. As soon as you’re finished you’ll be grabbing book two in the Devil’s Reach series, desperate for the answers, for more of the characters.

As I said, this is one of the best motorcycle books I have ever read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment