Monday 9 April 2018

Review: Edge

Edge Edge by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jeffery Deaver is an author to have grabbed my attention on many occasions, yet I never seemed to pick up his books. Last year, I decided to change that and went ahead and brought a couple of his books. My first introduction to his work was through Mistress of Justice, and I was rather disappointed by it. Nevertheless, I was willing to give another of his books a try.

I’m so glad I did.

I enjoyed Edge so much more than I enjoyed Mistress of Justice. With Mistress of Justice I experienced highs and lows, times where my attention was sucked in and times where I didn’t care much for the book at all. With Edge, I did not experience this. I enjoyed Edge from the get-go, was sucked in from the very first page and found it very difficult to put down – when I did put it down, I found I couldn’t wait until I was picking it up again. With Mistress of Justice I saw potential, yet Edge took all the potential I saw and delivered.

The story is an interesting one, something that sucks you in quickly. You’re constantly trying to work out the details behind the story, trying to find the answers. Every time you think you’ve worked something out something new is thrown in, keeping you on the edge of your seat and guessing. There’s so much action throughout, things are constantly happening, and everything leaves you wanting more.

All in all, it was a really difficult book to put down.

The one thing I wasn’t crazy about was our main character. I never came to enjoy him, as I had hoped. He was an interesting character, something different to what we usually experience in such stories, but I did not care much for him at all.

Overall, this one ensured I will be reading more Jeffery Deaver in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment