Thursday 30 January 2020

Review: Giahem's Talons

Giahem's Talons Giahem's Talons by Katharine E. Wibell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Giahem’s Talons is the final book in Katharine E. Wibell’s Incarn series, and it’s a great conclusion to the series. After enjoying the three prior books – Issaura’s Claws, Ullr’s Fangs, and Crocotta’s Hackles – there was a lot I wanted to see from this one, and I was not disappointed by what I was given.

Giahem’s Talons offered an epic conclusion to the series, giving fantasy fans everything that they desire from an epic read. War and conflict, politics and intrigue, action and drama. Things are constantly happening throughout this one, ensuring you cannot put it down. With so many questions being answered, each chapter pulls you in ever deep.

As much as I loved this one, I will be honest and say I saw a few things coming. This did not lessen my enjoyment, but I would have liked certain details to have been a bit more shocking than they were. I’m also uncertain how I feel about the romance. For me, it was the aspect of the series I liked the least. There were details that felt forced, simply to include a romantic element to this story, but that could be because I’m picky about my romance in fantasy.

Despite the couple of things that I wasn’t one hundred percent crazy about, I highly recommend this series. There were enough details left open to ensure there will be more of this world, and I’ll be diving right into those stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment