Monday 18 October 2021

Review: Get You the Moon

Get You the Moon Get You the Moon by Hasnita Singh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Get You the Moon is a quick read that deals with a handful of heavy topics. It is a story that hooks with ease, yet I found it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped. That is not to say I disliked it, simply that I had hoped for a wee bit more from this one.

Get You the Moon was a story that focused on real life, detailing many aspects of the world that are far from pretty. It made it easy to fall for the characters and to become invested in their development, and that made it easy to power through this book in no time. I wanted to see the characters grow, I was eager for their happy ending, and I turned the pages rapidly to see everything come together. Despite this addiction, I do feel some of the heavy topics in this story were not given quite the attention they could have been. There were some details that seemed to be handled a little too easily, and I would have liked to see more from them. In some ways, I think this is because the book tried to deal with a few too many topics, which meant some fell to the side and did not get the full attention they deserved. It was not enough to take away my enjoyment of the book, yet it did leave me wishing there had been a wee bit more from it.

All in all, Get You the Moon was an addictive read that ensured I could not put it down until everything came together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment