Monday 25 October 2021

Review: Spark of Fate

Spark of Fate Spark of Fate by Tessa Hale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Spark of Fate is the first book in Tessa Hale’s Shifting Fate series, and I can certainly see many being hooked on this one. Although I was curious to see how everything would come together, I did not love this in the way I had hoped.

There were plenty of elements within Spark of Fate that ensured I wanted to see how things would develop, and this made it easy to power through the book in a single sitting. While these elements had the potential to be interesting, there was nothing in this one that stood out as unique to me. I had seen all the elements before, and it made it feel like a checklist was being marked as the book progressed. It made it feel too cliched, which left me a little disappointed as there was so much potential for this one to stand out.

Many have clearly adored this one, however, and I’m blaming my mere enjoyment (as opposed to the expected addiction) on the fact that I’ve become picky with this genre. I really need something to stand out and wow me, and this one did not manage that. Despite this, I remain curious to see if the rest of the series will offer the anticipated wow factor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment