Friday 1 October 2021

Review: More Than Possess You

More Than Possess You More Than Possess You by Shayla Black
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read a few books by Shayla Black and have adored them, finding them to be gripping reads that have me unable to put them down. I have only read one full-length book and a novella in the More Than Words series, but I did enjoy them. Thus, I was eager to dive into More Than Possess You.

Although I enjoyed More Than Possess You, I’ve concluded that I do not enjoy the author’s novellas quite as much as I enjoy the author’s novels. More Than Possess You was an addictive read that I happily devoured in a single sitting, one I enjoyed, but I did not love it in the way I had hoped. It was quick and easy, I liked watching the way things developed, but it felt a little too easy for me. I never quite felt the connection between the characters, and this had me liking this one instead of loving it. That is not to say this is a bad story, far from it, but it was not my favourite from the author.

All in all, More Than Possess You is certainly worth it for fans of the series. I would not label this a favourite, but it was an enjoyable quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment