Tuesday 4 December 2018

Review: A Christmas Wish

A Christmas Wish A Christmas Wish by Engy Neville
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Engy Neville’s A Christmas Wish is sure to appeal to many people looking for a quick festive read, yet I find this is one of those cases where I need to say “it’s me, not you”. I can see what people will enjoy about this one, but I found myself unable to get into it in the way I had hoped.

A Christmas Wish falls into the sweet festive category, so I went in expecting all kinds of adorable. Whilst the story was interesting, and I was curious to see how things played out, it didn’t quite pack the festive punch I had hoped for.

I think my issue is that I’m accustomed to more drama and less introspection in my romance novels. I do not mind introspection, it can certainly be enjoyable, but I feel as though we were a bit too trapped inside the head of our female lead. This could have been fine, but I wasn’t crazy about her character. Due to this, I was never as connected as I could have been – and, therefore, spent most of the book waiting for the big things to happen.

Overall, this was okay for a quick read, but it wasn’t quite the book for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment