Tuesday 4 December 2018

Review: The Girl In The Closet

The Girl In The Closet The Girl In The Closet by Michelle Heard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Girl In The Closet is the second book in Michelle Heard’s Southern Heroes series, and I enjoyed it both more and less than The Ocean Between Us.

With the first book in the series, I finished the book with the feeling it could have offered a bit more. It was an interesting story, but it didn’t pack the emotional punch I had been hoping for. With this second book, I felt much the same.

Again, we have a heavy topic to deal with throughout the book. It’s a darker story than the first, but it never quite reached the level of darkness I had anticipated. We were on the cusp – aware of it, but we never jumped in as deep as I’d anticipated. I enjoyed this book more than the first because I spent so much of the story interested in how everything would come together, eager to get the answers of what happened. I enjoyed this one less than the first because I was let down by what I was given, I had hoped for more.

As with the first one, my final verdict is the story had potential but it didn’t live up to it in the way I had hoped for. A part of me is interested in seeing where the rest of the Southern Heroes series goes, but at the same time I’m not invested enough to continue when there are other series I care more about.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment