Monday 10 December 2018

Review: Sawbones

Sawbones Sawbones by Stuart MacBride
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a huge Stuart MacBride fan, and will happily devour his work. In fact, he’s one of the few authors whose short stories I am happy to read. Therefore, I was plenty eager to dive into Sawbones.

With Sawbones we have something different, taking a step away from the tartan noir MacBride is best known for. It still has what you expect from a Stuart MacBride novel, if in smaller quantities, ensuring you’ll be happy to power through this in no time at all.

In truth, this was more of a three-point-five star read, yet I opted to round it down. It was interesting, it was something different, and I enjoyed it; however, it didn’t quite wow me in the way Stuart MacBride usually does. It was fun, but far from my favourite read.

If you’re a big Stuart MacBride fan, it’s worth reading. If you’re new to Stuart MacBride, this is not the best example of his work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment