Thursday 13 December 2018

Review: My Life for Yours

My Life for Yours My Life for Yours by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’ve previously read and really enjoyed Margaret McHeyzer’s Drowning and have since been interested in diving into more of the author’s work. Although I have a couple of books on my Kindle that are in the same genre – young adult, on the edge of new adult, contemporary romance – I decided to read My Life for Yours first. It’s a very different genre, yet I was interested in seeing how McHeyzer approached it.

Although it is not always the case, I often find author’s have one genre where they really shine. With Margaret McHeyzer, based upon the two books I have read, I’m thinking such may be the case here. Drowning hit me hard, whereas My Life for Yours was difficult to get through.

I love a good mob story, I’m always happy to dive into erotic reads, yet this one failed to bring about any of the emotions it should have. I never connected with the characters and the story was overly predictable. The only thing that really saved it for me was the epilogue. The epilogue was the only aspect I found unexpected – it caught me completely off-guard, being very different to how these kinds of stories usually play out, and I appreciated this.

I’ll certainly be reading more Margaret McHeyzer, but I’ll be sticking to her books that are more in line with Drowning and less in line with My Life for Yours.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment