Saturday 18 November 2017

Review: Rock Solid

Rock Solid Rock Solid by Carly Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The synopsis of Rock Solid instantly grabbed me (plus the cover is pretty damn fine), and I knew without a doubt I needed to read it. Despite being book four in the Book Boyfriend series, I knew it worked as a standalone. Having now finished and loved Rock Solid, I really need to go and grab the other three books in the series. In Rock Solid we got a tiny glimpse into the lives of Wes, Max, and Kyle, and I really want to know more about them. They seem like such fun, and if this book is anything to go off I’m sure to love their stories.

The first two chapters of the story take us back almost four years, giving us an insight into the one-night stand that occurred between Connor and Katie. In chapter three, we move to present time – the point in the story where Connor finds out he is a father. Thus, the story of Connor trying to win over Katie begins.

It’s a simple enough story, but there is plenty of emotion behind it. The relationship between Connor and his daughter is beautiful. The way in which Connor tries to show Katie she is worth more than she realises is amazing. The entire storyline grips hard and does not let you go. It’s a relatively short read, and once you start reading you will not be able to put it down – it sucks you in, and you need to finish it in a single sitting to see how everything comes together.

With wonderful characters and a gripping storyline, this one is a sure winner. I’m sure fans of the series, those to have been following since book one, will be overjoyed by Connor’s story – and those who are new to the series, like me, will be won over enough to want to give the prior books a read.

I can gladly confirm the title of this series – Book Boyfriend – does not lie. Connor is certainly a book boyfriend I’d be glad to make my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment