Friday 3 November 2017

Review: The Vilka's Servant

The Vilka's Servant The Vilka's Servant by Pearl Foxx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vilka’s Secret, the online exclusive, was a quick little prequel to the Shifters of Kladuu series, and it left me super excited to dive into the world. Whilst it only gave me a glimmer of what was to come, I adored it and could not wait to get my hands on more. Thus, I dove into The Vilka’s Servant. It did not disappoint.

The Vilka’s Servant is a wonderful science fiction romance that blends with the shifter aspects of popular urban fantasy novels, giving us a hybrid in the form of shifters in space. I love both shifter novels and space novels, so this book was right up my street. In fact, it worked to highlight how I need to read more of these kinds of books. It really is a wonderful blend of two things I really enjoy.

The story itself introduces us to so many aspects, making for a wonderful introduction to the Shifters of Kladuu series. We’re given glimpses of so many different things, many elements appearing throughout the story that are sure to make for interesting reading throughout the series. Whilst I would have liked some of the elements to have been explored a bit more in this one, I realise certain things were left rather open so they could be addressed in the future books. These were side elements, though, not the main storyline – the main storyline was a lot of fun.

From the very start this story pulled me in, making it difficult for me to put down. The events hook you from the very start, and throughout things are building at a wonderful pace. There is plenty of action to keep you engrossed, plenty of romance to leave you wanting more, and as a whole everything comes together so well in this one. It’s such a gripping storyline and the characters were wonderful, a brilliant combination.

In truth my biggest disappointment is that we didn’t get to see the characters from The Vilka’s Secret. I had a feeling we wouldn’t, but a small part of me had been holding out hope of a cameo appearance from the characters I came to love so much in the short story. It’s not an end of the world issue, but it was a little thing I’d been hoping for.

Overall, I adored this. I cannot wait to dive into book two, as I’m super excited to see what the next story brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment