Wednesday 22 November 2017

Review: Silent Knight

Silent Knight Silent Knight by Becky McGraw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Silent Knight is the seventh book in the Deep Six Security series, but it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. This is one of those series where characters are reoccurring, yet each story is an individual romance. As my first introduction to the Deep Six Security series, I can honestly say this one has left me excited to read more. In fact, I plan to go and grab Till Death, book one, soon – actually, I may even go and grab SEALed Fate, the point-five book, first.

Silent Knight is one of those stories that sucked me in within pages. One moment I was a couple of pages in, and the next I had powered my way through to the final chapters. It was a book where I needed to know what had happened, and I need to know straight away. Being a short read, it meant I was able to work through the story at a rapid pace, providing me with an enjoyable story I was able to read in a single sitting.

I love a good romantic suspense, and this book certainly provides what you expect from the genre. We’re given two wonderful characters. We’re given a sticky situation. We’re given chemistry. We’re given a great cast. We’re given action scenes. We’re given drama. In other words, despite being a short story, this one provides plenty. There is something on every page, something to keep you entertained from the start until the end.

One of the big reasons why I’m so excited to dive into the rest of the series is the characters. I adored our main characters, but the side characters were also amazing. The close-knit relationship, almost family-like feel, between the characters was wonderful – and whilst we did not dive overly deep into any of the side characters storylines, I found out enough about each of them to be intrigued by what their stories would provide.

For those who have yet to read the Deep Six Security series, this is a great introduction. For those who have read the prior books, I’m positive this makes for a brilliant festive time read.

Without a doubt, I’ll be reading more Becky McGraw in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment