Monday 27 November 2017

Review: The Unreal Boyfriend

The Unreal Boyfriend The Unreal Boyfriend by Miranda P. Charles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Unreal Boyfriend is the ninth book in the Captured by Love series, although it is my first Miranda P. Charles read. The story works wonderfully as a standalone novel, although I do now wish to go and read the rest of the series.

The Unreal Boyfriend is a pretty quick story to read, one that will pull you in within pages and will leave you turning pages through your desire to find out what happens next. At first it seems like your standard story of infatuation, but once the story gets moving there are multiple layers to the story, creating something more than your typical tale of two friends realising what they feel towards each other is love.

The main storyline is the love storyline, an element that will pull you in quickly. It has all you could expect – great characters, chemistry, and plenty of drama. Running parallel to this storyline is something edging towards romantic suspense. I read a lot of romantic suspense and would not label this book as a romantic suspense novel, but it has the intrigue thrown in that edges a story towards such a label.

Both the romantic storyline and the outside drama were thoroughly entertaining, pulling me in and leaving me addicted. I adored the characters we got to know in this book – both the main and the side characters, and I cannot wait to dive into the other Captured by Love books to find out more about them.

In all honesty, the biggest issue I had with the book was related to how I jumped into this series at book nine. Whilst it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, I found it hard to put the names of the side characters together – I couldn’t keep it straight in my mind who the couples were and whose children was whose. In the grand scheme of things, however, this isn’t much of a problem at all.

Without a doubt, I’m excited to read more Miranda P. Charles books. I have already downloaded the boxset containing the first three Captured by Love books – The Unwilling Executive, The Unyielding Bachelor, and The Undercover Playboy – which I plan to dive into soon. I’m also super curious about the spinoff series mentioned containing a character I came to enjoy in this story. As I said, there is no doubt I’ll be reading more of this author in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment