Monday 16 July 2018

Review: Do You Do Extras?

Do You Do Extras? Do You Do Extras? by Nikki Ashton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Nikki Ashton books, and I find myself falling ever deeper in love with her work with each new book I read. I’ve read a few of her romantic comedies before, but my last few reads have been her contemporary romance books. Now that we’re back to her romantic comedies, I can admit to having forgotten just how hilarious her stories are.

From the very first page Do You Do Extras? had me chuckling away. It was a case of late night laughter, with each new page bringing me something more to laugh about. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I chuckled so hard at a book. There really were so many things throughout this one that left me giggling, so many things I want to mention, but it would be nothing more than the tip of the iceberg in explaining all the goodness in store once you dive into this story. Honestly, the humour in this one is spot on.

Fear not, it’s more than a book filled with chuckles. We get plenty of entertainment in various comical forms, but we also get plenty of enjoyment in other ways, too. There is a fabulous romance to watch bloom. There are wonderful characters to watch develop. There is plenty of drama to keep you entertained. There are so many things in this one that you’ll find the book near impossible to put down. If you do manage to put the book down, you’ll find your mind constantly drifting towards it – then, the moment you pick it up again, you will be lost to all that is happening.

I could sit and list many things about this book that I loved, there are many things I could forewarn you of, but I have no wish to lessen your enjoyment of any element of the story. Thus, I will give just one thing – the kids. I’ve mentioned in another review that Nikki Ashton does children really well, but with this one… Oh wow. The children in this one were one of my favourite aspects of the story, and you’re in for a real treat with them.

Honestly, I loved so much about this story. I was addicted from the first to the last page, and I cannot wait to read more of the An American in the UK series. I cannot help but hope we get some spin-off stories, too. There were many characters in this story I adored, and I want to find out more about how each story plays out in the future. The snippets of information at the end failed to satisfy me – I want entire books for so many of the characters.

Without a doubt, this is another winner from Nikki Ashton. If you want a romantic comedy that will leave you laughing out loud, holding your stomach and crossing your legs, then Do You Do Extras? is the read for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment