Monday 16 July 2018

Review: The Vulture in Fall (Rise of the Hawk

The Vulture in Fall (Rise of the Hawk The Vulture in Fall (Rise of the Hawk by Bekah Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vulture in Fall was the final book I needed to read to be up to date with Bekah Clark’s work, which means I’m going to become a somewhat impatient fan as I await her next release. Without a doubt, Bekah Clark continues to pull me in deep with her stories, and I cannot wait to see what comes next.

The Vulture in Fall is the fourth book in the Rise of the Hawk series, and a wonderful conclusion that brings things together so well. If you have yet to start the series, then you certainly need to go back to The Hawk in Winter and dive straight into all the goodness you’ll experience throughout.

The series has gone from strength to strength, constantly building on what we have come to know, providing us with so much more than initially anticipated. Each time you think everything has been revealed, a little bit extra is thrown in to leave you guessing. This happens throughout both the series and this final book, leaving you engrossed and turning the pages at a rapid pace.

Having watched the characters grow and develop, I can say I was plenty pleased with how the final book brought each story to a conclusion. The ending left me with a stupid smile on my face, glad to see how well everything played out in the end.

I think the only thing I would have liked more of was big battle scenes. It’s one of my favourite things about fantasy, and I feel as though there could have been a bit more with this one. We get plenty of what Bekah Clark does so well – the politics and intrigue, the growth of characters, and the wonderful connections between events – but a part of me is always looking out for those epic battles when reading fantasy. I think I’m just a wee bit bloodthirsty is all, constantly looking out for the destruction.

Overall, as I said, this was a wonderful end to the series. If you have enjoyed the prior three books, then you’re guaranteed to enjoy this ending.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment