Wednesday 11 July 2018

Review: Enver

Enver Enver by Pearl Foxx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading and enjoying Pearl Foxx’s Shifters of Kladuu series, I was more than willing to dive into the Cyn City Cyborgs for more of the things I had come to enjoy so much from the author. Although I did enjoy the first book in the series, Chance, I did not love it quite as much as I enjoyed the Shifters of Kladuu books. I had high hopes for book two, but if I’m honest Enver failed to blow my mind in the way I had hoped.

Enver was another enjoyable read from Pearl Foxx, but I feel as though this one was more of a three-point-five-star rating, which failed to grab me in the way my other Pearl Foxx reads have. It kept my attention, sure. It had enjoyable moments, I admit. Yet it was missing that something extra that ensures I am blown away by a book.

I think my biggest issue is that I still have so many questions about the world. We did learn more about it in this one, but it is not as formed in my mind as I would like it to be. I have too many questions, and I feel as though this is preventing me from being sucked in deep. Add in the fact so much happened throughout this one, and I really would have liked that little bit more understanding so I could really appreciate the events.

Although I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I had hoped, I am eager for book three. My fingers are crossed the third book takes us back to what I love so much about this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment