Wednesday 4 July 2018

Review: Royal Rogue

Royal Rogue Royal Rogue by Jessica Peterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Jessica Peterson fan, and will devour any book she releases. It started with the Study Abroad series, and now I’m addicted to her Flings With Kings series. Each time there is news of a new release, I find myself counting down the days until I can dive into said release.

With Royal Rogue, however, I did have some mixed feelings before diving into the book. There was the usual excitement of a Jessica Peterson novel, there was lots of intrigue about the storyline (a con and a royal, of course I would be all over that), but I was tentative about our leading lady. You see, throughout Royal Ruin and Royal Rebel, Jane failed to win me over as a character. I was interested about her story, but I felt rather indifferent towards her as a character.

Fortunately, Jessica Peterson did what she is so good at – she created a wonderful story, and Jane more than won me over. She went from being a character I was indifferent towards, to be a character I adored. She grew so much throughout this one, and I really enjoyed the character I got to meet. Like all Jessica Peterson women, she turned out to be an absolute delight, with much more to her than was anticipat ed before I went in.

As glad I am to have been won over by Jane, the joy pales in comparison to the emotions I experienced throughout this novel. I knew from the outset that the storyline would grip me good, but I was mistaken by just how good it would be. There is no doubt in my mind that Royal Rogue is my favourite of the first three Flings With Kings novels, the story being so damn good. Honestly, it’s one of my favourite Jessica Peterson storylines.

There really is so much to love about it. As I said, the con and royal aspect grabbed me from the moment I heard what kind of story this was to be. It sounded so good – and it certainly was. We’re given a con artist with a heart of gold, we’re given a con that develops into so much more, and we’re given a royal romance that was insanely hot. From the very first moment the characters met, the chemistry between them was amazing – it came off the pages to punch you in the face, before grabbing you by the collar to suck you in ever deeper.

I really did adore the characters in this one. Charlie – swoony sigh. I adored him. I think he may be my favourite Jessica Peterson male. There’s just so much to him – the good, the bad, and all that grey. I could sit and write a fangirl review of his character alone.

Without a doubt, Royal Rogue was a wonderful addition to the Flings With Kings series. Not to mention, we get some insight into Jack’s story in this one. Since Royal Ruin, Jack has been my favourite of the family. He’s such a fun character, and the glimpses we got into his life throughout this one have left me with the solid belief his story is going to blow my mind. The sooner I get my hands on Jack’s story, the sooner I will be a very happy fan.

Without a doubt, the Flings With Kings series is a must read for royal romance fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment