Tuesday 2 July 2019

Review: False Step

False Step False Step by Victoria Helen Stone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good mystery, and Victoria Helen Stone’s False Step sounded like a wonderful read. I was ready to be hooked on the mystery and pulled in deep, ready to double guess everything. As it was, I enjoyed False Step, but it wasn’t quite what I’d expected of it.

False Step was a bit too domestic thriller for me. It focused more upon the drama of the family than on the mystery, which isn’t quite my thing. I know a lot of people enjoy these kinds of mysteries and thrillers, but I much prefer the detective stories. Nevertheless, despite the fact it wasn’t quite my type of read, I was curious as to how things would play out.

I confess, I did work out who the bad guy was extremely early in the book. It was a case of watching to see how everything would come together, not a case of finding out who was behind things. With the crime being interwoven with the family drama, I was certainly eager to see how everything would finally play out in the end. It certainly kept me reading for that reason.

There is no doubt everything ties together well, with plenty of links occurring, it was just a bit too easy to guess for me. I favourite complicated mysteries with lots of twists and turns, whereas this was a much lighter read. If light mysteries are your thing, I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun with this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment