Tuesday 8 December 2020

Review: The Best of Adam Sharp

The Best of Adam Sharp The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Best of Adam Sharp reminded me of a car crash. I should not have looked, but I could not look away. Despite knowing better, despite wanting to step away, I continued to look.

I know many enjoy the book – the majority of my book club enjoyed this one – but it did not work for me. I could not connect with the story or the character and felt uncomfortable with most of what played out. Perhaps I’m judgemental, but I disliked the events that played out too much to forgive the characters and accept their story. Despite this, I could not stop reading.

All in all, this was addictive, but it failed to win me over.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment