Wednesday 16 December 2020

Review: Breathe Me

Breathe Me Breathe Me by Geneva Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Breathe Me is the eleventh book in Geneva Lee’s Royal saga, and this book takes us back to our characters from books four through six, Belle and Smith. I’ve read books four through six and understood them without the first three books, but my lack of knowledge was clear. It was even more obvious in this book, especially with the spoilers it provided for books seven through ten. Therefore, although this is advertised as working fine without knowledge of the whole series, I would recommend reading the entire series in order.

Breathe Me was a story that shows what happens after the happily ever after is reached, and how a happily ever after isn’t always rainbows and butterflies. Although I enjoyed getting to see more of the characters, showing how they have moved forward with their lives, I didn’t quite love this one as much as I had hoped. It certainly hooked me, and I gladly finished it in a single sitting, but I feel like this book was mostly build-up for what is to come next. Lots of elements were introduced, I’ve created lots of theories about what is going on, but I feel the action and drama that hooked me in other books from the author wasn’t quite there in this one.

Although not my favourite from the author, Breathe Me certainly has me curious to see what comes next for the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment