Friday 16 February 2018

Review: Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not Forget Me Not by Brooke Blaine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Forget Me Not is the first book in Brooke Blaine’s The Unforgettable Duet, and what a book it is.

It’s a very quick read, one you can complete in the space of a couple of hours. I actually sat reading it in the airport, waiting for my flight, and I received a few curious glances from the emotional reaction I had to this book. There was good and there was bad, but it was the beautiful kind of bad that leaves you adoring the book.

I think the best way to describe this book is subtly heart-breaking. It slowly chips away at your defences, leaving you raw and exposed when the truly painful emerges at the end of this book. It’s not a spoiler, as I’m not going to say what happened, just a warning, as the ending will leave you wanting to dive straight into the second book.

At the start of this one, we’re hit a powerful punch before we’ve really got to know the characters. It sets the scene, and pulls us deep into their story. Gradually, things develop. Throughout this development, we quickly fall in love with the characters and their story. There is so much raw emotion throughout, so many things are experienced. It leaves you begging for more, and when that more hits – well, it hits hard.

With a wonderful storyline, fabulous characters (I would like to give a little shout out to the comical relief offered up by one of the side characters, as I loved it), and so much emotion, Forget Me Not is guaranteed to squeeze your heart tight.

Honestly, I need Remember Me When right now so I can go and fix my broken heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment