Tuesday 6 February 2018

Review: The Upside

The Upside The Upside by Abdel Sellou
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Abdel Sellou’s The Upside is an uplifting story of unexpected friendship, and the power individuals can have upon the life of others. I’ll admit this is not my usual kind of read – I’m a sucker for crime fiction with a perchance for romance binge reads – but I was sucked in by this one.

They say real life is stranger than fiction, and this book shows how the unexpected storylines of books and movies are not always as far from the truth as we would think. We often get stuck inside of our own head, we see the world in a certain way, and this one made me look a life differently.

It is more than just a story of friendship. It shows the development of people. It shows the impact we have upon others. It shows how life can treat us in unexpected ways. It is no surprise to know this real-life story has been picked up for the big screen – it sends a wonderful message, and people will be sucked into the lives of the characters.

Without a doubt, this one is worth reading if you want a heart-warming memoir.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment