Monday 26 February 2018

Review: Siege and Storm

Siege and Storm Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Siege and Storm is the second book in Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone trilogy, and I enjoyed this one even more than the first.

The thing I loved so much about this one is the new characters we were introduced to. Although we have drama continuing on from characters and events in the first book, it was the new characters that made this book so much fun. It made for a much more interesting cast, giving me some of my favourite characters in the series. In fact, there were certain characters introduced in this one that I wish to see a lot more of in the future. They added so much to the book – in terms of both storyline and fun character aspects – and I couldn’t help but fall in love with them.

I also feel as though there was more to the plot in this one. We fell into the same trap that many young adult fantasy novels fall into – the romance trap, and all the associated angst – but aside from that, things start to stand out more in this one. The first book felt like it could have been almost any young adult fantasy novel, but the elements introduced in this one made it stand up well alone – this is where the book truly begins to stand out. It certainly makes the plot a lot more fun, it leaves you interested in seeing what direction everything will go in. You’re left with ideas, theories, but a lot of questions still exist.

All in all, it leaves you desperate to grab the final book to see how everything comes together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment