Thursday 22 February 2018

Review: Insatiable Bachelor

Insatiable Bachelor Insatiable Bachelor by Ruth Cardello
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A couple of years ago, when I first started to dip into romance, I picked up Ruth Cardello’s Maid for the Billionaire. It was an enjoyable enough read, one that left me willing to try more of the author’s work in the future. Although I have both Come Away with Me and Always Mine sitting on my Kindle, I have not worked around to reading them. I found other romance authors I was more interested in reading. I think, mostly, it was just a case of easing myself into the genre – had I picked up Maid for the Billionaire once I was deeper into the romance genre I’m sure I would have felt differently.

Thus, when the chance to read Insatiable Bachelor came about, I was more than willing to give it a try. Being the first book in the Bachelor Tower series, I was more than willing to see what Ruth Cardello’s new series was offering.

It turns out, Insatiable Bachelor has me wanting more. There is no doubt I will be picking up the second book in the Bachelor Tower series, as I’m desperate to see where everything goes from here. I’ll be honest and admit this isn’t quite a full four-star rating, but I was so addicted and intrigued I had to round up.

The notion of this one requires you to suspend your belief somewhat. An apartment building exclusively for men and a woman with a plan to give the entire system the middle finger sounds like a lot of fun, if somewhat unbelievable. Yet that is what this story boils down to. Sure, there is much more to it than that, but at the basics this is why you need to suspend your belief. Once you do such a thing, you’re quickly sucked into the story.

I’ll be completely honest, it’s not the most original of stories. Neighbours who don’t really get along; playboy who changes his way; love conquers all. By this point, romance fans know what to expect. However, when the story grips you, you’ll keep reading – and such was the case with this one. I found myself sucked into the characters, found myself sucked into the bigger picture, and I found I was working my way through this book at a rapid pace.

It’s a story that sucks you in, one that leaves you wanting more – with my biggest disappointment being that it wasn’t longer. I wanted to stay with these characters, I wanted more of their world – and such is why I’m planning to grab book two.

There’s no doubt this is looking to be an interesting series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment