Sunday 25 February 2018

Review: Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker Heartbreaker by Anna Brooks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Heartbreaker is a quick Bulletproof Butterfly novella, although you do not need to read Bulletproof Butterfly to understand this one. It is set in the same world, with known characters, but it can be understood without any prior knowledge – such is how I entered this one, without any prior knowledge.

I’ll be completely honest, I expected something a bit more from this one. The book had the potential to be extremely emotional, based upon some of the topics involved, yet I was never sucked into the story. Sure, I was turning pages at a rapid pace to find out what came next – however, I never really felt anything throughout the story.

It was cute, there were interesting elements, but it did not reach the full potential. I wanted more – more emotion, more connections, and more of an investment in what happened.

A part of me is now interested in reading Bulletproof Butterfly, though. Perhaps this one would have hit me harder if I had already read the connecting book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment