Thursday 12 July 2018

Review: Bad Guys

Bad Guys Bad Guys by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bad Move, the first of the Zack Walker mysteries, left me super eager to dive into the second book. Upon finishing Bad Guys I have reached a solid conclusion – I am a wee bit obsessed with this series. It is so addictive, and I finished book two with the dire need to dive straight into book three. In fact, I think these may prove to be some of my favourite Linwood Barclay reads.

Much like the first book, Bad Guys grabbed my attention from the very start and pulled me in deep, refusing to let up until I had completed the story. We had more of the great characters, along with being introduced to new characters; we had a great storyline, with a steady build-up, multiple layers, and intertwined elements; we had more of the dark humour that makes these books that little bit more entertaining.

In fact, I enjoyed Bad Guys more than I enjoyed Bad Move. The first book was fun, sure, but this second book had more of a kick to it. There was more to enjoy with this one – more action, more mystery, and more drama. There were plenty of elements introduced throughout, ensuring I was desperate to see what came next. There were also things I cannot help but cross my fingers for more of in the future, things and characters I would like to see pop up in the next two books.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Zack Walker books will continue to occupy my attention until I have devoured them all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment