Wednesday 11 July 2018

Review: The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl

The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl by Annika Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading and adoring Annika Martin’s Most Eligible Bastard (recently renamed Most Eligible Billionaire), I was excited for more of the author’s work. In fact, I specifically found myself craving another romantic comedy that would leave me cackling like a mad woman as I worked my way through the story.

Thus, I jumped at the chance to read The Billionaire’s Wake-Up-Call Girl. It sounded like another fabulous romantic comedy, another book to leave me chuckling away, and I was not disappointed. In truth, I think my neighbours may have been rather annoyed with me – I decided to start reading this one at one in the morning, and refused to put it down until I was finished. Needless to say, there was a lot of late night laughter echoing through the walls.

From the very first page, I was sucked deep into The Billionaire’s Wake-Up-Call Girl, with the story refusing to let go. I feel in love with the characters. I feel in love with the storyline. I feel in love with the dialogue. There really was so much about this one that sucked me in deep, ensuring I was turning the pages at a rapid pace so that I could see what came next.

Without a doubt, though, my favourite aspect was the dialogue between the two characters. I could sit and share a list of wonderful one-liners with you, but to do so would be to ruin the surprise. Just know there are so many great lines. Not only of the hilarious variety (of which there are plenty), but also non-hilarious lines that are wonderful in their own right.

Moreover, for those of you who enjoyed Most Eligible Bastard/Billionaire as much as I did, there is crossover in this book. Not enough to give us more laugh out loud moments from our favourite duo and their dog, but enough to give you some warm fuzzy feelings. I cannot help but cross my fingers in the hope we get more billionaire romcoms from Annika Martin in the future, as I would love to see even more of this universe.

For me, the only thing I wasn’t quite happy with was the speed of the ending. Things seemed to come together much too fast, and I feel as though the resolution was too quick considering all the build-up throughout the rest of the book. I just would have liked there to be a bit more to the ending than there was – it was fun, I cannot deny that, but it was quick.

Overall, The Billionaire’s Wake-Up-Call Girl was another amazing romantic comedy from Annika Martin, and I cannot wait to read even more of her work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment