Thursday 19 July 2018

Review: My Earl's Entrapment

My Earl's Entrapment My Earl's Entrapment by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anyone who follows my reviews will release I’ve become quite the Tammy Andresen fan. In fact, I’d say I get my Tammy Andresen fix monthly. Her young adult novels are sweet little reads, whereas her historical fiction novels provide the bodice rippers I enjoy as guilty pleasures. With My Earl’s Entrapment, we’re given another of those wonderful bodice ripper reads.

Earlier this year, Tammy Andresen kicked off the Wicked Earls’ Club – twelve novellas by twelve different authors, with Tammy Andresen setting the bar high with her Earl of Sussex. My interest in the series was high, but even higher was my interest upon getting the news of a Tammy Andresen spinoff series – the Wicked Lords of London series. My Duke’s Seduction was the introduction, and it was a wonderful read; My Duke’s Deception was the second book, and it was just as wonderful. With My Earl’s Entrapment, we get more of the goodness the prior books in the series have provided us.

Know you do not need to have read any of the aforementioned books to enjoy My Duke’s Deception – it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. We get to see some of the characters, which is nice for fans, but you do not need to know their story to appreciate the role they play in this story. Nevertheless, as always, I do recommend reading the books – after all, they’re great reads and it’s always more fun when you get that bit extra understanding.

As wonderful Tammy Andresen’s characters are, I found myself super excited for the male lead in this one. I love a good spy, and I was excited to see how Tammy Andresen linked his story in with what happened with the prior book. There is no doubt in my mind that Will is one of my favourite Tammy Andresen males – he may not be my all-time favourite, but he’s certainly left a mark on me and has set the standard high for the future males Tammy Andresen writes.

As always, My Earl’s Entrapment was a quick read, one you can devour in no time at all. A story that throws you deep into the past, sucks you into the romance, and leaves you turning the pages at a rapid pace. With drama and heat, the storyline will suck you in and leave you questioning what will come next.

In fact, I’m rather eager for the next book in the Wicked Lords of London series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment