Friday 27 July 2018

Review: An I.O.U. from a Billionaire

An I.O.U. from a Billionaire An I.O.U. from a Billionaire by Olivia B. Dannon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An I.O.U. from a Billionaire is the first book in Olivia B. Dannon’s Bargaining with Billionaires series, and it was an interesting start to the series. If I’m being completely honest, I probably wouldn’t have picked this book up had it not been free, but I was curious enough to give it a try.

Although I did not love this book, it was interesting enough to keep me turning the pages. In fact, I found myself more than a little bit desperate to see how things played out at certain points in the story. Despite my desperation to see how things played out, I never fell as in love with the story as I had hoped to.

I think my biggest issue with this story was the timeframe of the events. Everything happened much too quickly for my liking. I know it was supposed to add to the humour (more on that shortly), but I found it difficult to enjoy the events when things were moving too quickly for me to feel a connection to anything. Especially when I could not see a connection between the characters, making it difficult for me to enjoy the romance between them.

Back to my comment of humour – it wasn’t as funny as I’d hoped for. I’ve come to the conclusion that when books are labelled ‘romantic comedies’ I need to lower my standards. Rarely are they as funny as the label would suggest, and such was the case here. There were a couple of scenes that had me letting out a little snort, but there was never anything that had me chuckling away as I had hoped.

I’m sure there will be many who will enjoy this one, but it was merely an okay read for me. For those who do enjoy it, though, there’s a nice opening to the next book in this one, and it does sound like an interesting tale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment