Monday 2 July 2018

Review: Moonlight Seduction

Moonlight Seduction Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Moonlight Seduction is the second book in Jennifer L. Armentrout’s de Vincent series, and I have very mixed feelings towards this book. I really wanted to enjoy this one, but I just couldn’t bring myself to feel more than mild interest towards it. I finished the book, but it was just to see how everything came together – not because I was truly invested in the story.

I’m now of the solid belief that Jennifer L. Armentrout is not an author for me. I found her Lux series to be addictive, but I was not blown away in the manner most people were. Now I’ve tried something different, contemporary romance through the de Vincent series, I can say my feelings are much the same towards her other work – I can see the appeal, but they are not blowing my mind.

In truth, I was rather excited for this second book. I enjoyed our leading male as a side character in Moonlight Sins, and I was interested to find out more about him. I had high hopes for his story, yet I feel as though the emotion I had expected was rather lacking. My emotions may not have flickered all over the place as they did during Moonlight Sins, but in the end my emotions were much the same – I had expected something much more.

I think my issue is that I do not care for the characters in the way I should. I feel as though the females are weak and the males are lacking in that little something that makes them interesting. It’s the mystery surrounding everything that is interesting me, and even this is not blowing my mind in the way I had hoped. It is there, but it is not given the same level of attention as the romance. It’s too in the background for me to be given the amount of substance I need, and such a thing saddens me as there is such potential.

Despite my feelings towards this one, how I was not given the read I had hoped for, a part of me is still interested in reading the final book. I have questions and I want to see how things come together. By the time the final book in this series is released I may have reached the point where I no longer care – in fact, such seems rather likely, if I’m honest – yet at the moment I am intrigued enough to pick up the final book. I do not have high expectations for it, but I am curious.

Overall, I can understand the appeal of this series, but Jennifer L. Armentrout really does not seem to be an author for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment