Friday 12 July 2019

Review: All the Hidden Truths

All the Hidden Truths All the Hidden Truths by Claire Askew
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Claire Askew’s All the Hidden Truths is one of those books I’m conflicted about. On the one hand, it kept my attention. On the other hand, I had expected a lot more from it. I think, mostly, it comes down to my preference when reading mysteries and thriller: I prefer more action than this one offered, with this one looking more at the consequences of the crime rather than working out who was behind the crime.

All the Hidden Truths is a book that is easy to devour, one that sucks you in with ease. Although the aspects that are unclear at the start are easy to work out once the story gets going, it does have you turning the pages to see how everything comes together. Mostly, though, it’s the emotion that has you turning the pages. It’s not quite as powerful as some of the books I have read surrounding this topic, but there are certain points that make you stop and feel.

Despite this, I had wanted more. I like more twists and turns, more action, in my mystery novels, and this one felt a bit too easy for me. It was an interesting read, but not quite everything I had expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment