Wednesday 31 July 2019

Review: You Were Gone

You Were Gone You Were Gone by Tim Weaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big fan of Tim Weaver’s David Raker series, but it is safe to say none of the prior books had me as eager as this one. Although You Were Gone can be enjoyed as a standalone novel, it certainly hits harder if you’ve read the prior books in the series. You see, one of the things I love most about David Raker is his commitment to his wife. With the twists thrown at us throughout You Were Gone, I was hooked.

As always, Tim Weaver delivers a gripping story. The book is filled with twists and turns, countless layers existing to keep you hooked throughout. The deeper into the story you get, the more elements that are introduced, making it difficult to work out every piece of information. I confess to working out some of the details, but there were certainly elements that caught me off-guard. It’s exactly what a good mystery should be, the thrills making it impossible to put down.

For long time readers, there’s also plenty added to the overall story in addition to this single mystery throughout. In fact, there were some lingering questions at the end of this one that I cannot wait to see come into play throughout the future books in the series. I’m not going to say what, due to spoilers, just know there are many things that will have long time fans eager for more.

Without a doubt, Tim Weaver delivered another fabulous read with You Were Gone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment