Monday 1 July 2019

Review: Her True Blue

Her True Blue Her True Blue by Sierra Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m going to be honest and say my enjoyment of this is more a reflection of my feelings towards short stories than the story itself. I’m not the biggest fan of short stories, and when I do read them I find myself setting a high standard. I want the short story to be as complex and interesting as full-length novels and find very few authors are capable of doing this. It is not to say I do not enjoy short stories, those little bonus stories and short tales, but I always find myself wishing for more.

With Her True Blue, we have a story I managed to complete in about half hour. It was a fun half hour, as the story kept me hooked throughout. It was sweet and enjoyable, it had me smiling, but when I finished I found myself wishing there had been more depth to the story. I enjoyed it, but I felt it could have been more powerful had we been given more than we were. Especially with some of the elements introduced in this one, as they are things I would have loved to learn a lot more about.

As I mentioned, however, it’s a reflection of my feelings towards short stories. I often find myself wishing for more, and this was no different. That being said, if you’re a fan of short stories I’d certainly recommend giving this one a read. It’ll keep you hooked throughout, and it’s certainly one capable of putting a smile on your face.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment